I can't really say that both of them did a very good job at doing this as Alana only lost one tooth this summer (after not losing any for over a year). She was VERY surprised and excited to discover that the tooth that was loose was a molar! It only took a few days once she realized that it was super loose before she pulled it out.
Brayden, on the other hand, could have single handedly bankrupted the tooth fairy this year. He lost 5 teeth! Yeah, Yeah...I know that isn't a lot of money...but the tooth fairy's husband's business hasn't been thriving very much and she's been pinching her pennies A LOT!
So, Brayden lost his first two (those first two that usually come in on the bottom when they're babies) within a week of each other way at the beginning of the summer.
That second one probably could have held on a little longer, but he was ready for it to be out! They both came out thanks to good ol' corn on the cob!
The next two were the top two front teeth. I really don't remember what caused them to suddenly be super wiggly, but they were driving Brayden CRAZY, so we helped them along too...one at a time though.
I REALLY didn't want the other one to fall out too close to school starting, but you know things rarely go as we hope when the human body is involved...and out it came. Here's Brayden the morning of the first day of school So, that's 4.
Well, the 5th one will be shown in another blog update (soon to be titled "Brayden Bites the Dust"...watch for it). I have mixed feelings about whether I wish this teaser blog title was the reason he lost it or if the real reason is better...you decide:
We were driving down the freeway heading to a friend's new house for a birthday party and my kids had both just finished an Otter Pop. Of course, as kids like to do when things like this are gone, they blew air in and out of the casing the Pop was in. (this is also VERY popular with empty Capri-Sun packets) After a while I asked them to take them out of their mouths and leave them be. Of course, since they're kids, they tested their limits and continued anyway. After MUCH insistence on my part, they finally stopped with the blowing and sucking of the air in them and started with some "rough play" while they were in their mouths. This, too, I asked repeatedly for them to cease doing it. They didn't listen. I was fuming....
Well, before I even had a chance to blow up in any way, it happened...LOUD, SUDDEN screams coming from Brayden behind me. I, while continuing to drive down the freeway, quickly slanted my rear view mirror toward him and asked what happened. As soon as the words were out of my mouth, my eyes saw blood streaming down his chin and I heard him yell, "Alana knocked out my tooth!" I pulled over on the side of the freeway, RAN around the car, got napkins out of the glove box and proceeded to calm him down and see what happened.
Sure enough, a tooth was missing that was BARELY loose the day before. Apparently he had the Otter Pop wrapper between and around his tooth somehow and as she grabbed at his face to take the wrapper (this was the "rough play") she was victorious at her attempt and that tooth came flying out along with the prize wrapper. Brayden was SO worried about finding his tooth for the tooth fairy so I searched and searched....
I found it UNDER his booster seat on the opposite side of his mouth that it came out of. That sucker worked as a porcelain boomerang! Serious curve!
Brayden was fine, not too much blood, but enough to make a mess on his face and hands. (not on clothes, thank Heaven!) And this tooth coming out when it did, or at least before school started, ended up being a blessing in disguise.
I will elaborate with my teaser blog, "Brayden Bites the Dust".
Stay tuned.....


















No comments:
Post a Comment