Friday, February 17, 2012

Taking pictures of my kids

I love to take pictures of my kids...I love taking pictures, period.

I especially love getting my kids dressed semi-nice and taking pictures of them alone and together. I don't have many pictures of me with any of my siblings, nor very many of me growing up (there were little sprinkles here and there, but when I went thru my awkward phase I think there were at total of 6 pictures taken of me aside from school pictures in a 3 year window) I didn't want this to happen to my kids.

Of course I love taking random pictures of them candidly or not. Just whipping the camera out works sometimes, but I have my kids so well trained (and have since they were itty-bitty) that they smile for me when I point a camera at them, so I rarely get the, "caught ya" pictures.

I also like to take pictures of our whole family at least once or twice a year. Having a husband that is EXTREMELY camera shy makes that a little difficult, so I try not to torture him more that necessary and try to be grateful for it if it happens at least once and don't push it too much for twice. This year we took family pictures when Alana was baptized, so I figured that more family pictures would be less fun than it was worth for Christmas time. So I just took pictures of the kids this year for the holiday "cards". I didn't even print them this year, I just put them on facebook and I think emailed them to a few people that don't facebook.

Here are the best ones :)

My gorgeous girl, Alana.

My handsome little man, Brayden.

Had to get a silly one, of course....

And, saved the best for last. My kids are so beautiful. I can't believe how big they have gotten and how truly blessed I am to have such wonderful children.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You have such a super gorgeous daughter!!! You will have to watch out for that one! And you're little man...my goodness...just a few months have gone by and he looks like a little man :)