Saturday, November 17, 2012

Activity Days - letters and testimonies

Back in August my Activity Days group of girls had the opportunity to share their testimonies with missionaries. We have quite a few missionaries serving missions from our ward (five in fact) so we provided the girls with cards to write them letters and scrapbook paper to write their testimonies down for them to give to other children they may be serving. We also had them write their testimonies down and gave the second set to the missionaries serving our ward to give to children they are teaching. It was great night and the girls really got into writing their letters and sharing their testimonies.

Here's PART of our cute group. Normally we have anywhere from 18-22 girls.
 And of course, a silly picture because well, girls are silly! :)
We also sent a copy of the picture to each of the missionaries.

We also learned the Sunday before that one of our girls that had moved out of state had been in a horrible accident that left her severely burned over most of her body, so the girls also sent well wishes with get well/feel better cards. Here's what most of them looked like. I just put band-aids on a piece of card stock and added googly eyes, eyebrows and a mouth. The girls loved them and each sent our sweet sister a card. I hope it helped brighten her day.
I am so grateful for this calling. I was hesitant about it at first because I don't normally like to have callings where I am with my kids, but I am so glad I accepted it because I have learned so much from each one of my girls. I am so lucky to get to be around them and soak up their sweet spirits every time we are together

No comments: