Brayden's Kindergarten class had a Mother's Day "Tea Party" for all of the Mothers of the children in class the Friday before Mother's Day. Brayden reminded me as I was dropping him off for school that morning about it and told me, "Don't be late! And wear somethin' pretty!" He's so cute!
So, I jammed home and showered and "prettied" myself for the party. I rarely wear make-up anymore these days and today I just wasn't feeling it so I didn't wear it. Brayden was a little disappointed. "I thought you'd wear make-up Mommy," he said. Sorry to disappoint you son.
Anyway. The class came outside and each child found their mom and escorted her into the room and to her seat where our card and gift were waiting. (I forgot to take a picture of the gift, but it was a pot to plant a flower in that Brayden had painted and wrote I love you on the rim of once it was dry. It is currently holding my make-up brushes...you know, those ones I hardly use!?) So here's my card:
After showing us our gifts, the kids delivered us our goodies their teacher had baked and they helped make. Mrs. Barstad made the cupcakes to look like a little tea pot and tea cup and the kids dipped the strawberries in chocolate...mmmm, my FAVORITE!!! They also helped make lemonade and some kind of tea.
Then the entertainment began! :) All of the kids stood in front of the moms and sang a couple songs, one of my favorites in fact, 4 Hugs a Day. It was so cute! :)
We heard this song for the first time when Alana was in Preschool and again when Brayden went to Preschool too. Teacher Gail would play it on her cd player everyday and walk around circle greeting each kid with their "first" hug for the day and then she would do calendar time and counting and sharing. It was so sweet to see her hug them everyday as they chatted with their neighbors and sang along to the song. And then to see Alana sing this to me when she was in Kindergarten and now Brayden too...made me smile remembering Preschool and how much we loved it! :)
After the entertainment was done we got to just sit and hang out for a while and we could, if we wanted to, sign our kids out and head home early. Brayden had a funny tummy that day so we snapped a picture of the two of us, grabbed Mrs. Barstad and snapped a picture of she and Brayden together and headed home. Here are those pictures:
What am I gonna do without a Kindergarten performance for Mother's Day soon!? Oh, I know! I'll get to reminisce with pictures and video that I recorded! :)


















No comments:
Post a Comment