Monday, August 08, 2011

Random pictures from Brayden

My kids love to do artsy fartsy stuff, as most kids do. Brayden, however, has always seemed to like to draw his own pictures in addition to the usual coloring, gluing, cutting out art stuff.
Here are some examples of his art over the last couple years:
he drew and wrote this for me a couple years back. I loved it so much I took a picture of it with my phone and it was the background so I saw it all the time. :) I love the boy's hands (this is a self portrait btw) and how long his fingers are, but aside from the message bubble and what it says my most favorite part is the see thru shorts he's wearing! :)

he is SUCH a sweet boy! He's always telling me this, or signing it to me. I know this isn't a "drawing" but I just love his little handwriting. :)

Brayden drew this relatively recently. It was after watching a Wallace and Gromit movie. :) He's good, huh?!

Brayden drew this picture of me for my Mother's Day card he made at school. I never knew I was so tan! (at least my arms, legs and neck!) :) I clearly wear my red shirts and black capris a lot if this is what he thought of to draw of me. :) I'm not sure about the red shoes though.

And the grand finale- -this is a plate Brayden drew the picture of. Alana made one at the end of Kindergarten too (and they both made them in preschool). You get these round pieces of paper cut to the perfect size for a dinner plate, and markers, and the kids, or anyone, can draw or write whatever they'd like and then you send in all of the papers with your art on them and they make dishwasher safe plates out of your artwork. PERFECT Kindergarten promotion gift! :) Well, I admire his creativity...but do you notice anything wrong with the picture? He drew our house, and wrote his name (awwwwww.......) and then for some reason the house is on fire, next to a volcano....and then there's water on the other side and beneath it. So I guess I should be thankful for the water attempting to put the fire out? I wish I could go back and see what kind of day he was having with friends at school, his sister, or me to know if he was just channeling anger or something when he drew this....

Who knows.
I just know I love getting art from my kids.
I am NOT one of those moms that keeps anything and everything though. I don't have enough space in my house for that. so I keep everything, well almost, throughout the year and then pick a couple of things to keep to represent them for that year. The rest gets happily donated to the recycle bin. :)

No comments: