Saturday, April 28, 2012

Spring Break 2012 part 2

....................................
 Tuesday after our little outing for BYU and a haircut for Brayden we headed back to my sister's. I made dinner and the kids showered and hung out. Here's my beautiful sister and niece with my cutie nephew Josh and Alana.
 
Brayden jumped in and gave a silly smile while Joshy photo bombed
Trent decided to get in on the pictures too
Aybree decided to act silly and had all of us laughing
Wednesday we planned a trip with Wendy and "Buddy" to Temple square and headed to Syracuse to see some friends before heading home on Thursday. So this was our last day/morning with Aunt Tiffy and the kids. We were up early enough to see Kylie and Trent one last time before they headed to school
 
 and of course had to take silly pictures with the cousins before they left.
 
 later that morning Aunt Tiffy scooped Brayden up into her arms and loved on him for a few minutes before we left.
 kisses all over
 
Aunt Tiffy sure does love her Bubba 
 Squeeze tight Aunt Tiffy!
 Aybree was jealous when Tiff was cuddling with Brayden
 
 After getting all packed I tortured my brother in law into coming out and taking some pictures he promised me the night before.
 Brayden and Alana with Uncle Clint and Aunt Tiffy
 being silly
 saying goodbye to my Aybree
At Temple Square in the South Visitor's Center. There was a scale model of Jerusalem and when you tapped your finger on the name plate above the picture it showed you where it was on the model by shining a light on it. It was pretty cool
Alana and Brayden loved looking at the models and reading the stories that were all around downstairs in the visitor's center. This one was the parable of the good Samaratin.
Alana REALLY got into reading and wanting to watch EVERY single thing that was there.
 Brayden hanging out with Aunt Wendy while Alana kept reading
Alana admiring the model of Joseph Smith
 Brayden checking out Joseph Smith (before rushing off to use the bathroom...this is why he is standing so funny) :)
 Alana listening to the prophet speak
 I don't remember what this one was about, but Brayden stood there forever!
 Alana and Brayden in front of the Christus.
 Just the boy with the Christus
 my beautiful girl in front of the Christus
 Outside of the Tabernacle Brayden saw this compass and thought it was awesome and asked me to take his picture in the middle of it
 The kids and I in front of the Salt Lake Temple.
 A little further away there was a place to stand to take a picture with the temple behind them. I was so glad I brought them to this beautiful place.
 We wandered over to the Joseph Smith building where my kids thought this was so cool. They went around about 4 times before Wendy and I stopped them for reverence sake.
Then...my battery died.....
I took some pictures on my phone of the kids upstairs in the Joseph Smith building with Temple Square behind them, but they need some serious Photoshopping. When I get that done, I will post them.

We headed from Temple Square to Syracuse to visit some friends, have dinner and stay the night with them. We headed home Thursday morning. When we stopped for gas in Reno I got snowed on wearing a short sleeved maxi dress and flip flops, then a little further down the hill into California we got caught in a snow storm that made us drive 10mph stuck behind a Winnebego towing a car. It was scary as I could hear the snow build up on the road hit the undercarriage of Tim's car. I had planned on stopping and letting the kids out to play in the snow, but I was too afraid the car would get stuck so we just drove home. 

We had such a nice time with family and friends and look forward to going again sometime.

No comments: