Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sarah's Baby Shower

My sil, Sarah, is pregnant with her second child. We are all so excited! :) He is actually due soon and could come any day now.

Yep, that's right, she's havin' a BOY!!!! :)

Upon learning about her "condition" I decided and proclaimed that I was gonna throw her a baby shower.

I had done some shopping with Sarah a couple of months before the date of the shower, so I knew what theme she was going for. All I needed to know was what she was craving so I could plan accordingly. "Nachos or taco salad," she said. "Fruit, but no melon."

I can handle that :)

A couple of weeks before the shower I had Sarah bring her sweet daughter, Chicadee, to my house so I could use her hands for a project for the baby and the shower.

I made jungle animals out of her hand prints on onesies for the baby :)
Here's the tiger

...the elephant
...the monkey
and the giraffe. :)
I used the onesies as decorations at the shower. I found the onesie that says "Born to be WILD" at DI (with a matching pair of shorts)...it was too perfect not to use.
The giraffe and monkey hung opposite of the others in the room
I also made Sarah's cakes for the shower. A giraffe, monkey and lion. (the giraffe had chubby cheeks) :)
And then the food. I decided to go with taco salad. (although doing nachos instead would have used the same ingredients, really.)
 More of the food table, and the fruit kabobs I made (with no melon) :)
The shower was well attended and Sarah made out very well with goodies for the baby...especially clothes! She probably won't need to do laundry for that baby for a while! :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I"m so excited she's finally having another child!! That's awesome news!