After we went to Utah and had Brayden's hair cut there I often felt the need to thump myself in the head for not thinking to take Brayden, or even Alana, where I went to beauty school to have their hair cut when they needed it. It's an inexpensive way for my kids to stay "groomed" and a great way to help out future cosmetologists by giving them practice. Brayden's hair was starting to get a little on the long side again, so off we went to Federico Beauty Institute for a haircut.
Since we were already a couple of days into summer vacation I decided to let Brayden choose how he would want his hair cut. Mohawk? Buzz it all off? Fade like Daddy usually does?
I knew what he was gonna say before asking him what he wanted....a REAL mo-hawk. No more faux hawk, he wanted a real one :)
When we first got there the student walked us to a regular chair then had an ah, ha moment and walked us to the back so Brayden could sit in this bad boy :) He was a little big for it, but had fun nonetheless.
Of course having your hair cut at a school means lots and lots of starts and stops for instructors to come over and make sure its being done correctly. Brayden did great being patient through this process. I think he really didn't care because he was finally getting the hair cut he had always wanted. This is where the student was cleaning up around his ears
This was after the cut was done and she was putting some gel stuff in his hair. It was weird. When she squeezed it out of the tube it looked like regular gel, but then she rubbed her hands together to "activate" it and it became like spider webs. It made for a loose gelled style
Here she is trying to manipulate the back to stand up. Whats funny is that we have always had issues with Brayden's hair standing up on the crown of his head in the back because of the two cow-licks he has back there. We have called him Alfalfa a lot because of it. Now he has a haircut that we want it to stand up and it won't! Grr.....
Here's my handsome happy little man :) When did he get so big?!
Here's the whole thing. He was so excited and was very careful on the way home to not lean on it and make the back stand down. :)
Here he is outside of the school. I was trying to show off the color of his hair because we love it so much.
I promised him he could keep the mo-hawk through the summer and only have to get rid of it when school starts. This made him VERY happy. He is due for another cut already as his mo-hawk is starting to resemble a dorsal fin falling over now, so I will probably just trim it up for him.
Alana has also gotten a trim of her hair since her birthday. She wanted me to chop it off to her jaw line, but realized after much discussion that if she does that then it won't be long for school like she wants it. So we trimmed it to lay just at her shoulders and I thinned it out and added a few layers so she wasn't so hot during the summer time.
Wednesday, July 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























No comments:
Post a Comment