Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Family Wedding at the Sacramento Temple

My Grandma's sister's daughter's son got married in the Sacramento Temple last month and I was lucky enough to be invited to the ceremony.  Tim came and spent time with the kids outside of the temple with the kids while I was inside. The ceremony was beautiful (as always) but was different in that it was spoken completely in Spanish. I LOVED it! Made me pay attention so much more than I ever had before and I loved watching the bride and groom's faces as they listened and made promises to each other and God in His holy house.

After the ceremony was over, I came outside to find my children VERY happy to see me (they were so bored and ready to leave)

 Of course I had to torture my kids a little more and make them wait longer so I could get some pictures of Kirt and Julia in their wedding best :) Here they are after they made their grand exit out of the temple, him stealing a public kiss (that mortified her a bit)
 Hand in hand
 Her dress was STUNNING! (made BY HAND in Paraguay. Retail price in American dollars - $50)
 A sweet moment I caught while we were trying to gather the rest of the family for a group shot. (pixely because I zoomed in on it to get just them)
 Getting the happy couple out of the sun for a bit
 My great Aunt Dori and Uncle Carl celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary over the summer, and little did they know, their kids planned to seat them at the head table with the bride and groom to surprise them with a 50th anniversary party at the same time as the reception. Knowing this, I pulled them away from the commotion with the bride and groom and snapped some pictures of just the two of them.
 50 years together looks pretty good! I rushed home after the temple, edited and cropped some of the pictures I took, ran over to Walgreens to print and frame them and had them ready and on the tables when the reception started (before they sat down). They were shocked! LOVE IT!
 I caught this nice angled picture while they were having their first dance. I am SO happy with how it came out.
 Uncle Carl and Aunt Dori also got to have a "first dance" and Uncle Carl decided to try to one up the groom and make his first dance more impressive than theirs was. He smash-kissed Aunt Dori (pictured), swung and danced her ALL OVER the dance floor, and ended up down on one knee singing along to the music and being romantic. He had the rest of us in stitches.
 After the "first" dances and some other dancing they did the cake cutting. I caught this picture while everyone yelled "SMASH IT" at them. I love it! He knew better!
This was by far the funnest wedding and reception I have ever been to (even better than mine). They are all so fun and loving. I can't wait until next summer when we go up to Washington (where they live) for a reunion.

No comments: