Alana was invited by one of the girls in our Activity Days group to a birthday party at Strikes (bowling alley) last month. As soon as Brayden found out where the party was he instantly wanted to come too. The birthday girl's mom said he could come so the three of us took off to Strikes that Saturday morning. The kids got to bowl AND have pizza and soda. The refreshments were exciting, in and of themselves. :)
After arrival and shoe rental we found our way (with the group) to the lanes we were using and I, of course, followed my kids around with my camera, documenting their every move :) (please bare with me, the black lights made for some interesting moments with my camera not knowing what to focus on, so some of my paparazzi pictures are blurry)
Ready and waiting for the rest of the group to "shoe up" and to get to bowling.
Brayden with the cool black lights
Alana in the black lights
Each one of the kids that came got a cool glow necklace to wear during the party while just the black lights were on.
Alana got to take pictures with the birthday girl's dad's camera. Chip off the old block, eh? :)
Alana in good form taking her turn bowling
Brayden watching and waiting patiently as his ball made its way down the lane
Final scores of game 1 (they played 1 1/2) Alana's score is the top right one and Brayden's is third from the top.
Alana taking a break from her busy paparazzi job to post with her friend Haley. They're such good and beautiful girls :)
Bubba decided not to wear his glow necklace anymore, but rather messed around using it as a happy face, then a sad face and then this, a mustache. He said, "Mom, that would be awesome if I could attach this to my lip like this and walk around with it." I love my little comedian.
After bowing was done we went into a separate room and had cake and did presents with the birthday girl. Then, on top of an hour and a half of bowling, the kids got to spend 20 tokens in the arcade. Here's where I found Brayden first.
Alana and the birthday girl enjoyed a couple of games of air hockey before moving on to other games that rewarded you with tickets if you did well.
While standing by as the kids were busy "buying" their toys and other stuff with their tickets at the counter, I heard someone call my name out. It was an old family friend I hadn't seen in YEARS (someone my mom grew up with and that was like an aunt to me) She and her family (that I also knew well) were all meeting there for a birthday party for her great nephew. They asked us to come to their party too. I had picked up a couple of girls for the first party, so we took them home and went back to Strikes for the second party. More pizza, (this time I made them have water to drink), more bowling, more cake, and more arcade time...after 6 hours at one place, we were pooped! Such a fun day though! :)
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























No comments:
Post a Comment