Every year the school district has walk to school day for the students. Anyone and everyone get the opportunity to walk to school that day (if you want)
Our school meets at two different locations that parents can drop their kids off to walk from and the kids walk with other students and teachers (and some parents and other faculty) to the school. The kids did this last year and got rained on. This year the weather was PERFECT.
Last year I made one big sign for the kids to carry and they were bummed because they both wanted to carry it (and of course, being brother and sister, couldn't do so together without arguing), so this year I made them each a small sign to carry.
And, of course, I HAD to get pictures before we left (look at their cute tired little faces) :)
I waited at the site they chose until they started walking. Here Brayden is talking to his Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Barstad.
And off they went. Then something snapped inside of me and I became the paparazzi, following them snapping pictures as my car moved slowly past the group.
The whole group.
Here's Alana with the group, showing me her sign
Brayden walking with the same group, but toward the end, showing off his sign.
I LOVE this tradition that the school/district does, and I'm pretty sure we will do it every year! :)
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























No comments:
Post a Comment