Saturday, April 28, 2012

Brayden's 7th Birthday

I don't know how I missed posting this (and a few other things) that happened before Runnin' for Rhett, but oh well. At least I am getting them on here....

Brayden had his 7th birthday last month and was SUPER excited about it. We had family dinner the Sunday before his birthday at our house. I made home made (completely from scratch) pizza dough, home made sauce and of course did all of the toppings myself (Tim helped with one of them). Tim's folks and my grandparents came over to have dinner and cake and ice cream with us. He didn't get any presents this day, but I made his cakes (as I always do) for him to have this day.

Brayden wanted to have an Angry Birds Birthday this year, so here are the cakes I made him:

 he was so excited he hollered, "BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!!!!!" when he saw them

On his actual birthday (the Thursday after his family dinner on Sunday) he got his presents from Tim and I. There was a bean bag type game, 2 kites, stickers, a t-shirt, Angry Birds fruit snacks and 2 stuffed toys I won for him out of one of those claw machines.

Here he is opening his present and reading the card from Grandpa Midencé and Grandma Ruth (my dad and his wife)
 He was so excited. It was a BIG red angry bird plush toy
 He discovered that it made noise when you pushed on the top of its head. (this is his, what the heck is that noise? look)
 a t-shirt from them too!
 All of his birthday loot!
 the shirt we got him.
 Gus didn't like the plush toys we got him...he was just hanging around on the couch next to me and all of a sudden he popped up and started to bark at them. He didn't stop until Brayden put them away. :)
 The birthday boy ready for school wearing the shirt from Tim and I and the hat Alana got him. :)
I surprised him at school with Chick Fil A for lunch and we took him to dinner that evening at my favorite (and his apparently) mexican restaurant, Luis Jr.'s. All in all, a wonderful day! :) I have yet to take his "birthday" pictures like I do every year, but I will put them on here when I do! :)

No comments: